My Detox.
Today, I have started a 30-day detox, which consists of no processed foods, little-to-no meat, dairy, caffeine, gluten, or sugar. Well, that leaves a lot, right? :) So pretty much I can have lots of water, vegetables, fruit, and gluten free products. The idea of this particular detox is that over time your body builds up a lot of toxins from eating processed foods, and all of those other little goodies that taste so good and that we love so much. By eliminating all of the above items, and drinking lots and lots of water, it allows one's body to flush out all of those toxins.
My purpose in doing this cleanse, is to get a grip on my eating habits. I am the Queen of all things that fall in the realm of processed foods, sadly. I love me some Cheese-It's. I'm hoping this well help me fall in love with healthy-eating, and stick with it. Up until now, I go in spurts, and somehow justify all of those sweet little goodies. I'm REALLY good at convincing myself that it's "ok". I'll be honest, I'm also hoping to lose a few pounds while I'm at it. ;)
Day 1
I. Am. Hungry. I won't lie. I really am! I'm not sure if it's because I really am indeed hungry, or if my body is saying, "Eat a cookie already!". Around lunch time I started feeling this way, and even after my lunch, an apple, a orange, and two bottles of water...I still feel like my stomach may eat itself. I think I may need to bring more snacks with me to work. Ugh. On the bright side, I am looking forward to trying new recipes. I found one for a butternut squash risotto. It sounds really yummy. I will keep you posted on that. Once I figure out how much I actually weigh, I will post my beginning weight. I would hope that by eating like a rabbit, I'll be able to shed a few pounds. I am going to be keeping a Detox Diet Log as well. Even though I would love to share every single detail of this little experience, there are somethings that I'd rather keep to myself, and that you would probably rather not hear. That being said, keep your fingers crossed for me. Maybe your toes as well...just for good measure.
Good luck! My husband has celiac disease & isn't supposed to eat wheat. It's hard to stick to a glueten free diet. The dairy thing isn't too bad. I like Almond Milk. I don't drink it straight, cause it's not that good. But, I use it for cooking. The good thing about not having cow's milk is that you won't even want cookies since you'll have nothing to dunk them in! Is Robby going to eat like a rabbit too?
ReplyDeleteThanks! Dang, that stinks that Michael has Celiac Disease. That would be really hard! Talk about a life-style change! Funny you mention almond milk, I just tried some today, and I like it SO much better than soy! I haven't really approached Robby it yet. I told him I'm doing it, but he didn't seem to interested. Ohhh well. :)Very true about the cookies. That is a benefit for me!
ReplyDeleteI've gone vegetarian again (for the most part) since I had my baby and I feel so good! I also quit buying anything processed and even though it's an adjustment it makes such a difference. If you need some good recipes let me know! Good luck!
ReplyDelete