Friday, August 29, 2008

First Week of School


This week.........oh gosh, this week.

I am SO glad that it is OVER! I'm not sure why...well, god punishing me maybe... but this whole week has been so chaotic! Along with school starting and planning Robby's birthday, there has been a slew of other unplanned events that just decided to jump in for the ride. Lets see.....Monday, honestly...I can't remember it so it must have been ok. Tuesday, I had to make plans for Robby's birthday, which was on Wednesday. I ordered his present online and was then going to drive over and pick it up from the store. Two hours after I made my purchase, I was supposed to receive a confirmation email...No...that didn't happen. So through various phone calls, I got it under control.

That same day I was having some trouble with my phone not being able to erase messages, pictures, or contacts. I have already had this particular phone replaced about a two months ago. So I took it into the Verizon store to sort it out before I headed to class. I'm not sure if anyone else is on the Verizon network or has had to go to a Verizon store but, for some reason they are always EXTREMELY busy. So I waited for about forty minutes for someone to help me (forty minutes of waiting is the equivalent of a life-time for me). I ended up having my phone replaced...again.

August 27th
So as I was playing around with my phone that the night before, and I forgot to set my alarm for the next day. I'm pretty sure you can imagine what happened that morning. I barely had enough time to make the drive to work and make it on time. I pretty much told Robby "Happy Birthday" and ran out the door. When I arrived to work, I started sneezing a lot, and realized I forgot my allergy medicine. Not good.... After work, I ran over to pick up Robby's present in American Fork, traffic ended up being bad on the way back, and I was late for class. I came home and celebrated Rob's B-day with him with cake and candles. By the time we were ready to go to bed my eyes were swollen and I was itching everywhere....SO I thought it would be good to take some Benedril.

No...not good. I had to get up at 5:30 a.m. to get ready for class at 7:00 a.m. I literally had to drag myself out of bed. I could not wake myself up! This time, not wanting to suffer the whole day from allergies, I took my medicine. However, I found out that it can also cause drowsiness. I was literally a Zombie. On top of that, I was nauseous the whole first half of the day.

Today....just like the rest of this week, has been a nightmare. For some reason when I posted payroll to the bank yesterday, it didn't process like it was supposed to. Therefore, no one got their direct deposits. So we had to figure out what to do. Post a new direct deposit, and then no one would get paid until Tuesday, or print everyone checks. Well, the second one won. So all day I've been voiding direct deposits, printing new checks, stuffing envelopes, and calling Foremen to let them know the situation. Luckily everyone was very cooperative, and no one was angry. Thank goodness. However, the amount of stress I've had to endure today, let alone this week, has probably shortened my life by like a year.

Let's just hope that this weekend is better.

2 comments:

  1. Ha I love reading your blogs :) I guess Robby's birthday was a whirl...what all are you taking for school? I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate my way around this thing...do you know how to search for people? Is there a way to do that?
    I hope all goes better this week! Have a good holiday!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! How are ya? So i guess rob's birthday was a whirl huh? :) What all classes are you taking? I'm still trying to figure out this website....is there a way to search for people? If there is please let me know!
    Hope you have a better week!
    p.s. I did't know you had allergies! Are you allergic to Bodie?
    Have a good holiday!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete