Monday, April 19, 2010

Unwanted Attention

I've been getting a lot of this from the opposite sex as of late. And no, I'm not bragging. Especially because I'm pretty sure they're all younger than me. Like the 16-21 age group. Cat calls, winking, honking, waving, and the unrelenting stare-down. {My personal un-favorite. It's creepy. Really.}

I must be putting off some sort of weird vibe to the 16-21 year old male population. I have very mixed feelings about this, because I haven't been trying to look extra "hot" lately. Actually it's been a little more of the opposite, a little more pony-tails and headbands, and a little less eye shadow and shaved legs. Yeah. I've actually been feeling rather, un-cute lately. This whole pregnancy belly of mine, that is starting to poke out now, looks a little more like, "Oh...you've gotten fat.", rather than "Oh cute! You have a little prego belly.". Yep. So I'm not sure what it is, but I do get a lot of satisfaction out of all of the whistling, and staring, because I have a secret that they don't know about. A terrible terrible secret for fantasizing young boys. I'm PREGO! Take that!

I'm gleefully waiting for one of them to actually talk to me so I can say, "Hi. I'm Stefanie. I'm 23, almost 24, married, and knocked up! What was your name again?" How is that for knocking their weird little fantasies out of the water? I'm sure most of them could deal with my age, and maybe even the fact that I'm married, but pregnancy to young boys would probably be just as good as me saying, "Hello. I'm Stefanie. I have Gonorrhea."

I also don't understand the age thing, and I'm pretty sure that I couldn't pass for a 16-18 year old anymore. Although....there used to be this girl who was a checker at Target. SIDE NOTE: I go to Target WAY more than the average human being. For couponing reason, and for work reasons. Anyway, Target-Checker-Girl always happened to be my checker. Every time I would see her she would ask me the same things, like we hadn't already had this conversation 10 times already. One of those things, was if I was going to school, so I would reply, "Yes, I am." She would then ask, "Oh what High School do you go to?" EVERY TIME. I wanted to shake her.

Maybe if I followed the example of my friend down here...I wouldn't have this problem.



I really have no idea who this person is. But go 80's!

Anyway, that's my randomly weird observation for the week. Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. I would take the unwanted attention!! Even if they are young and gross and perverted. They can eye a cutie when they see one!!:) I laughed really hard at your post about farting at the gym. I smell gross smells all the time at the gym and I think the same thing. Hold it in because you are killing everyone else!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the thing. You may think that the pregnancy thing is a turn off, but you would be wrong. Oh so wrong. Think of it--if you are already pregnant, there is no worry on their end! You are the dream babe--your boobs are getting bigger, and there is no WAY they can knock you up because the deed has been done.


    Hows that for freaky.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. Yeah, I thought about that too, and knowing my luck, it would happen that way. Such twisted creeps. Im hoping that they're just freaked out. It would make it so much more fun!

    ReplyDelete