Friday, October 29, 2010

I'm a Mother

Alright, I am here! I made it through child birth, and I can tell you all my story now.

Robby and I traveled on over to Timpanogos Hospital on Sunday afternoon. We were immediately taken to our room, and hooked up to some I.V.'s and motinors.


I cervix actually made a little progress since my due date, and I was already at a 2 by the time we got started. They started me on some Cervadil to get my cervix going, and within a couple of hours, my contractions got very intense, I had dilated to a four, and was ready for my epidural! I actually tried to tough it out and tried some pain medicine by I.V. to begin with, let's just say it did not cut it. My epidural was heaven! I went from a 4 to an 8 in just a couple of hours, but sadly my cervix didn't speed through the next 2 centimeters. It took about four and a half more hours to reach a 9.5. I was so excited because I thought we were almost there! Sadly....no. My cervix seemed to be stuck at 9.5, so the nurses got me started on some Pitosin.

I felt really bad for my nurse. We did a practice push, upon which my water broke. No, I take that back, exploded. It seriously traveled across half the room, and all over my nurse. And what did I do? I laughed...how terrible is that? I'm glad my nurse had a sense of humor.

Baby Caydence did not like the Pitosin at all, her heartbeat took a dive, and she scared us all to death. But she recovered, and the doctor came in to check on me. He decided that since I was so close, I may be able to push past my cervix. We did a couple of pushes, and nada. My doctor told me that the baby was turned posterior, so there would be no way she was going to make it out unassisted. We had two choices, we could keep pushing like we were, which would likely produce no results, the doctor could use forceps to turn her, or a C-section. My doctor assured me that he was the "King of the Forceps" and that he was sure we could get her her without a C-Section. We chose option B.

I don't think that I pushed for more than 5 minutes, and with some tugs and turns from the doctor, Caydence Elle Davis came into this world to meet us. The first response from the nurse was, "Oh my gosh, look at those cheeks!" Robby almost passed out on us. He was doing the very best he could just to hold my leg with his head down. He got a glimpse of some of the action, and was pale as a ghost! The doctor made him sit down. Poor guy, he does not have the stomach for it! Caydence was 8lbs 14 oz, and 20 inches long.  She is a big girl. :)

Anyway, there you have it. I am alive. I made it. We are parents!

I have a collage made of a bunch of pictures, but my computer is being retarded. So whenever it stops, I'll upload it.

4 comments:

  1. YEA!!!! Congrats! I absolutley love her name! SO cute. I can't wait to see pictures. I completely forgot to send your package off and I am happy to say that it will be in the mail on Monday. Oh how exciting! I hope to see some pictures soon. Love ya girl and once again congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Congrats! Being a parent is so great.. you are going to love it. Take all the help you can get right now though... and get some rest! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did it! That's so great and it's such a relief when it's over and you can actually enjoy taking care of your sweet baby. Congrats Stef!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I am so happy for you. I hope mom and baby are doing wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete