Monday, October 4, 2010

Who am I?

So I have to write this paper for a class...entitled, "Who Am I?".

"Whooooo are you? Who? Who? Who? Who?" -In pops David Caruso, staring at us over the top of his awesome 
sunglasses.


Sorry...I really, REALLY, couldn't help it. I can never pass up a chance to sing to The Who in my head, nor the opportunity to make fun of David Caruso. I mean....I love him. :/

Back to the subject...It's approximate due date is this week. It's an at-your-own-pace Internet class, hence, the approximation. Procrastination? Ehh, Sorry...I like to use happier words like, Happily-Engaged-With-Something-Else. I don't like that "P" word.

I'm sure most of you are thinking, "Pshhhhh, that's easy!", or "I could whip that sucker out in no time!"

I really don't want to go this route:

HI.

My name is Stefanie.

I was born in American Fork, UT.

I grew up in Nephi, UT. It was a small town.

I graduated from Juab High. It was a small school.

I liked sports. Volleyball rocked my socks.

My favorite color is...Oh. I don't have one.

I'm a 24-year-old, crafting, blogging, running/walking, dog-watching, student, wife, soon-to-be-mother.

THEE END.

....Yeah, I don't want to go that route, because, A) It's boring, and, B) It would really only be that long, and it needs to be at least two pages. Plus an abstract, and a title page and all that boring APA garbage.

PLUS, **ERRR WRONG!**, that's not what my professor wants.

She says, "This paper should encompass things you believe internally about who you are - NOT WHAT YOU ARE."

All of those things I said before definitely fall into the WHAT YOU ARE category. *Sigh*

Things that I believe internally about who I am.....and I'm supposed to write two pages about this?? I really don't have a problem with it. I'm just afraid I'm going to have this completely negative two page paper to turn in to my professor, and she's going to think I'm a half-glass-empty, crazy person, that hates the world, and whom she may need to be mildly concerned for.

I am really good at seeing myself from a negative stand-point. I am a pessimist in that respect. I am my own worst critic, as most of us are. I just need someone to help me shed a little more light on my personality. I know who I am to ME, but I want to know who I am to others also, and if those two are the same.

Kind of a social experiment I suppose.

What inner qualities do you believe that I have that make me WHO I am?

Anyone?

Any takers?

Please, don't be afraid to comment. I love comments. Even more so when it helps me with my school work. ;)

You can be honest here...really. I won't hate. Especially because I asked for it. AND, I know you are out there. So don't pretend you didn't read this!

7 comments:

  1. O em gee! Hilarious comic! Super effective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Stef - I just read your post and I have screaming kids so I will get back to you. I just wanted you to know that I will tell you my opinion as soon as the kids CALM THE HELL DOWN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say that you are funny. With a kind of sarcastic, dark, self-deprecating humor. But that's good because I think it shows you have humility. I think you have a strong mothering instinct. Because of how you talk about all the things you want to do when you become a mom. I think that when you love someone you love with everything you have, but you don't open your heart up to that many people. And I think you can be brutally honest. When necessary ;)

    Still friends? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, thanks Crystal. :) Yes, still friends! LOL.

    Janice, your comment just made me laugh A LOT!Better get those kids under control so you can comment on my blog post! lol!

    Geez...you are all up super early!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe share your testimony. I know that I would be a different person if I didn't have the gospel to give me direction. Tell what you value most and why. We all see ourselves totally different than others see us. I guess I don't really know the you now, we don't spend much time with each other, but I know who you were growing up. You were colorful, creative, HILARIOUS, imaginative and very competitive. I doubt that helps, good luck!
    -Krista

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay I am back..yea it took awhile...let's just say you don't want to come here until the house has aired out from all the puke! YEP the kids have the stomache flu! But anyways...
    I think you are very good multitasker. You seem to take on alot of different things and still keep sane. I view you as a bit of a perfectionist (not in a bad way) you just like things how they should be. Your very smart. You are a people reader. You can tell by looking at someone and how they look & act what type of person they are. You tend to be quiet, yet I can tell that most times when you are quiet on the outside you are yelling on the inside. I don't know maybe these sound dumb and maybe my perspective is way off..I have been slaving away at cleaning up puke. So please don't read into any of this too much. I think you are a great person with alot of great talents. I really admire you. Good luck with your class.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss Stef...
    I think you're strong. You've always had an incredibly strong presence (whether in your humor or in your "I'm-going-to-spike-this-ball-in-your-face" attitude on the court.) When you set your mind to things you do them regardless of what anyone else thinks or how hard it might be. You've never struck me as fearful, rather as someone who can just forge ahead and take on whatever comes her way.

    Hope that helps.

    Oh...and hope you're feeling well! Any day now, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete