I posted this about our spider problem last week. I was happy to say that I had not seen a single spider inside our house after Robby sprayed. Was. It happens to be the key word in the above sentence.
I actually didn't see it. But Robby made sure to tell me about it. Apparently he found one of our large brown friends meandering around the babies room last night. SICK. I hate them. Hate them SO!
I did however see THE most disgusting, gigantic, evil, demon possessed, spider ever over the weekend. We have this giant cedar bush-tree on the left front side of the house. Ya know, these kind:
Here's my proof:
Growing up, my family had a whole bunch of these bushes in the front yard of the house we lived in. I never liked those bushes. Their poky. I'm not sure why anyone plants them. Their not even pretty. Maybe it's a defensive measure. One summery afternoon, my Dad decided to trim down those cedar bushes.
My parents believed in child labor, so it was a given that my sisters and I had to help. You'd think that we'd get a break or two being female and all. No, my Dad didn't sympathize with our delicate female states. We were going to pick up those branches just like the rest of em'! We had no brothers to pass the workload on to either.
We started picking up the branches my Dad cut off, and began to pile them so they could be discarded. About halfway through our project, I felt something tickling my arm. I looked down on my right shoulder and there it is...My life flashed before my eyes.
A giant, yellow, size of a fifty cent piece, cat spider.
Do you know what a cat spider looks like? Well there you have it.
What would you do if you found one of those creeping on you? Well I flung that thing off me so fast it had no idea what happened, and neither did I. That's when the panic settled in. I screamed, cried, and ran around the yard shaking my arms, and screaming some more.
My sister, as it always seems, did me some justice and cut it in half with a pair of scissors she happened to have. I don't have any idea why she had those scissors, but they were great for revenge on that creepy monster.
That was until the babies started coming out of it. No exaggeration. This is gross, I know, but it must have been getting ready to spawn or something, because all of these gross little babies starting coming out of it. All the while, the other half of it's body is still trying to get away.
I told you I've no luck at all with spiders.
Anyway.
Back to the bush in front of our house. Robby and I were coming home from some place that I can't remember right now. I looked at the bush, as I always do when I walk past it, looking for possible spider threats. And there it was....A giant, brown, cat-spider. Just chilling in the bush, eating it's wasp-dinner. SICK-NAST-EEE.
That, is why I always avoid cedar bushes, and I feel completely justified in doing it. I don't think Robby thought about spraying the giant cedar bush when he sprayed the house for spiders.
So guess what he is doing this week?


Aw, gross. I feel for you. That was quite the description as I sit here eating my breakfast. Good luck! I know how you feel, though. Spray that baby room extra-well. :)
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness, I think I just threw up in my mouth. JK. But that is disgusting!! The other night right before I went to bed I looked up and saw a huge spider in the corner of our room. The thought of that thing climbing on me in my sleep has now inspired me to check the walls/ceiling every night!
ReplyDelete